My top ten list for a successful 2016 New York City Marathon, in no particular order.
- Drop 10 pounds without losing any muscle.
- Buy 20 week, 45 - 65 mile/week training plan from Hanson's Coaching Services.
- Complete running assessment with Jimbo Wood.
- Decide on a target pace (4:00 or 4:15) after this week's marathon in DC.
- Make plane reservations, hotel reservations, theater reservations, etc.
- Figure out some way to deal with the pinched nerve in my right foot.
- Spend about 8 weeks cross-training, swimming between April 10th and June 3rd.
- Try not to to alienate wife, family, friends, and dogs when I am running all the time
- Don't be grumpy at work when I am tired all the time
- More importantly, don't get hurt!
Training starts on June 6th.