Here are my resolutions for 2012.
1. Write more. Use both blogging and twitter as a part of my overall leadership and communication strategy for the IT organization I lead at the University of Georgia.
2. Reduce costs. Start my organization down the path to taking 5% out of our cost structure over the next 12 months, while increasing productivity so as to not reduce service quality.
3. Design and develop a new HR model for positions, career ladders, and professional development and lay the groundwork for implementation of this plan in 2013.
4. Nurture and develop individual leaders and groups to support the new student system implementation at UGA, so they are prepared to lead our University into what will undoubtably be a very challenging and demanding three years.
5. Reduce complexity. When it comes to both to our technological infrastructure and our internal processes and procedures, complexity and bureaucracy are holding us back. Those reporting to me will be encouraged (and held accountable) to make significant gains in this area in 2012.
6. Lose that last 15 pounds I have been working on for the past three months.
7. With my wife, find meaningful ways to become active in our new community.